- AspenTeletherapy.com is a platform that connects website Users with professional, experienced Therapists who are all licensed in the State of Utah. All therapy sessions are held online via a secure, HIPPA compliant, face-to-face video system that can be accessed by any smartphone, tablet, or computer. Phone sessions are also an option.
- It is convenient! You are able to schedule your session and receive effective, confidential, professional help anywhere at a time and day that works best for you. Simply select a time directly from your Therapist’s on-line schedule. Then, at the appointment time connect via our secure video conference system.
Why Video Therapy?
- Video therapy has been shown to be as effective as “in-person” therapy. It is also very convenient for both Clients and Therapists.
Is Teletherapy effective?
- Yes! The feedback we get from our platform Users is very positive. Also, the research supports Teletherapy as an effective form of treatment.
How do I communicate with my Therapist?
- This is up to you. You can choose between Video or Phone sessions. Does AspenTeletherapy substitute for traditional face-to-face therapy?
- Every Therapist at AspenTeletherapy is credentialed and licensed in the state of Utah. Studieshave shown that video therapy has the same benefits as face-to-face. Some studies have even reported that it is actually more effective.
How do Video Sessions work?
- First, you will need to have a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a video camera. Make sure you have created an account in the Client Portal. At the time of your session, simply click on the reminder link and follow the steps. Your Therapist will meet you there!
How much does a Teletherapy session cost?
- Each Therapist sets his/her own session rate. Sessions are typically 50 min. You can view session rates on each Therapist’s profile page.
Do I get charged per minute or per session?
- All rates are billed for a 50-minute video session.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
- You are welcome to cancel or reschedule your appointment. However, please note there is a $50 Late Cancellation fee if canceled less than 24 hours before your scheduled session. The full session fee is charged for any “No Show” appointment.
Can I put my session on two different credit cards?
- Yes. Please contact us and we can help divide the credit card payments however you would like.
Will my insurance cover this?
- Each session with your Therapist is “self pay” with a credit card at the time of your session.
- Therapists using the AspenTeletherapy platform are able to keep their costs low. As a result, their session rates are extremely affordable by comparison.
- In addition, self pay sessions are kept 100% confidential between you and your Therapist. There is no need to diagnose, and then share your information with insurance that may stay on your personal medical record.
Can I try to get my insurance to cover “out of network”?
- Yes. After each session with your Therapist, you will receive an invoice or what is called a “Super Bill” document. You can submit this to your insurance to seek reimbursement or partial reimbursement. AspenTeletherapy cannot guarantee you will be reimbursed at all. It is best for you to contact your insurance provider before scheduling a session to see what benefits you may or may not have.
How are the Therapists verified?
- The Therapists on our platform are fully licensed with the State of Utah. Their current active license number can be found on their profile page.Can I meet with my Therapist in person?●All sessions with your Therapist are “Teletherapy” via video session only.
Can my Therapist prescribe medication?
How is my information kept secure?
- AspenTeletherapy uses SSL encrypted security for all communications and uses HIPPAcompliant video technology.
- All communication between you and your Therapist is completely secure. It is your responsibility to be in a private location where your information can be kept confidential and private during your video session.
What if I need to see my Therapist immediately because I am in crisis?
- If you are in any type of crisis, do not use this site. Call 911 immediately and use these resources.
Can I see my Therapist more than once a week?
- If you are going through insurance you will need to check with your provider and make sure this is an option. If you are a self-pay client, you may see your Therapist more than once a week. However, this is something that should be discussed between you and your Therapist.
How long can I use AspenTeletherapy.com?
- This varies from one person to another. Some clients will get the help they are looking for after several sessions, while others will see a Therapist for much longer. I am ready to schedule a Teletherapy session.
What do I do next?
- Find your Therapist Here and schedule a session.
I am a Licensed Therapist in Utah. How do I become part of AspenTeletherpy?
- That’s great! Learn more about AspenTeletherapy Here.
*Please note that all Therapists listed on the AspenTeletherapy platform are Independent Providers. They are not AspenTeletherapy employees.